Touching the Moon is episode 7 of Season 1 from Between the Lions.
|Touching the Moon|
|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||April 11, 2000|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
The Hopping Hen
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
|SCENE 1||Leona Lion wonders about the moon what it is made of and if it overflows and Lionel tells her it's made of rock, and gets a book about it.|
|SCENE 2||Walter and Clay Pigeon are fast asleep already along with Barnaby B. Busterfield III|
|SCENE 3||Lionel tries searching for Leona, but is interrupted by Click in which is in sleep mode, Lionel Lion tells her he is looking for Leona while being told to follow the moonbeam.|
|SCENE 3 cont'd||Lionel has found Leona Lion, and she shows her a book about a moon, while their parents are awaken mentioning they should be in bed by now, Leona really wants to read the book and so they read the book. Then they learn a moral that you can get into trouble if you think only about what you want and don't watch what your'e doing while trying to get it. Leona cannot sleep because of the poor queen, so Lionel has a plan to save saying we will make up his own story about it featuring the queen and himself, but is jealous that Leona gets to stay up longer.|
|Insert||The Grey Hand pulls out the double o from "moon" and takes it to the first segment.|
|Cartoon||Outer Space Words: moo, too, toot, tooth|
|Cartoon||Tiger Words: tooth(EKA: Episode 02: The Lost Rock)|
|Cartoon||Seesaw words: tooth, tool, cool (EKA: Episode 02: The Lost Rock)|
|Muppets||Sam Spud: cowl as a cucumber/cool as a cucumber(EKA: Episode 02: The Lost Rock)|
|Muppets||Information Hen calls a customer about getting a library card, then looking up something in a dictionary.|
|Celebrity||Fred Says: achoo|
|SCENE 3 condt||Lionel has just wrote a story and song about The QUeen Who Wanted to Touch The Moon (by himself) then, he sings a song about it as the lyrics appear, but the Queen only appears for a few seconds.|
|Celebrity/Pets||Denice Graves and Madison the Opera Dog: croon|
|Muppets||Dr. Nitwhite and Watson: boo, cool, fool, toodle-oo, oops|
|Song||Fonix sings "Double O, OO" (EKA: Episode 02: The Lost Rock)|
|Celebrity||Fred Says (again): balloon|
|cartoon||Skydivers: balloon, loon, loot, shoot, snoot, snooze|
|Muppets||Gawain's Word: snooze|
"Rocket Doodle Doo" (sung by Chris Cerf)(EKA: Episode 02: The Lost Rock)
|Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: toodle-oo|
|Insert||The grey hand puts the double o back to the word "moon' on the page.|
|Theo is asleep, but Lionel isn't because he isn't tired yet, in fact, Leona and Cleo made their own bedtime story of "the Queen who wanted to touch the moon" by Leona and it illustrates herself and Lionel.|
|Leona liked the story, but Theo is still awake, and Lionel liked it as well and wished it had a few more rockets. Leona says she can't wait to dream about it, so everyone goes to sleep, but Theo is still awake.|
- Girl: Mom, there's a talking potato with a hat on and no mouth.
- Mom: That's okay, dear. It's educational television. I'm sure it will help you in school... somehow.
- Click: I am in sleep mode. Shouldn't you be, Lionel?
- Leona: Lionel?
- Lionel: What?!
- Leona: If the moon is full, can it overflow? What's it made of? How far away is it?
- Lionel: I dunno. Uh... rock, far.
- Cleo: What's the matter, Theo?
- Theo: I'm awake. I'm awake!
- All the Tiger Words, Sam Spud, Fonix and the "Rocket Doodle Doo" music video segments seen in this episode are repeats of segments seen in the episode "The Lost Rock.
- This is the first time Lionel's shirt has orange stripes instead of green.
- During the Sam Spud segment, Sam said "That's when she lowered the boom" but the word "thump" appeared on the screen instead of "boom" like in The Lost Rock.