|Season 1, Episode 5|
|Air date||April 7, 2000|
|Written by||- Joe Fallon|
Farmer Ken's Puzzle
The Hopping Hen
PlotEditLeona is waiting for the meteor shower.
- Fonix: The a-r Song
- Fred Says: bark
- Letter Bugs: bark, ark, art
- Arty Smartypants: art, smart, smarter, smartest
- The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Cliff Hanger and the Wish Upon a Star
- Sea Words: star, start, part, park, shark
- Fred Says (again): shark
- Gawain's Word: shark
- Sea Words (again): shark, park, part, pat, fat, fight, night
- The Monkey Pop Up Theatre: "There is no need to light a night light"
- Replace Sky Words: night, fight, fat, cat
- Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Fat Cat
- Space Words: cat, pat, part, park, shark
- Sam Spud: raw hamburger/raw hambarger
- Denice Graves: the
- Busterfield: I want you to know that I had nothing to do with that little lion cub seeing the meteor shower. I do not take credit for it, in spite of the fact that someone might want to give me credit... even a small award... maybe a cookie?
- Leona and Lionel: (singing) Meat loaf and liver and bacon, too / Raining down on me and you.
- Leona: (singing) Look, here comes a mutton chop / With lots of gravy smeared on top.
- Leona: (regarding Theo and Cleo) Oh no, Lionel. They're asleep again. Standing up.
- Theo: This isn't going to be easy. Lions need a good, solid 22 hours of a sleep a day.
- Leona: But mommy and daddy said it was a meat shower!
- Lionel: Ha ha ha ha ha!
- Leona: This is a disappointment I don't think I'll ever get over. ... Okay, I'm over it.
- Cleo: Lionel?
- Lionel: Hmm?
- Cleo: Are you ready to not go to bed tonight?
- Lionel: Yes, ma'am!
- Cleo: Good. Be sure your sister’s ready to not go to bed, too.
- Lionel: Okay, ma’am! (grunts) Leona?
- This is the first episode, since in which Martha Reader and The Vowelles have not been shown.
- This is the only episode when the grey cursor hand didn't pull out a target vowel sound, it just pointed at the word star to look at the "ar" ending instead.